Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have some aims for my beauty salon but can somebody help me with objectives. Business Coursework!?

1. Break even within a year





2. We want to be known for a well-established business.





3. Have a return rate of 80% by the end of the year





4. We want to be known for our emergency and good quality service.


I have some aims for my beauty salon but can somebody help me with objectives. Business Coursework!?
Those are some good goals.


Do you have a business plan?


If not you need to go to SBA (Small Business Administration) web site and they will walk you through one and it is very enlightening.





Do you have a marketing plan and can you financially afford to carry through on it - with paying for ads, running specials, etc? There are tons of books in the library and on Amazon.com for marketing for small businesses and it all works the same basically - just applying the marketing 'ideas' to your business.





We have been in a small business (embroidery and hot pressing) for 16 yrs. The one thing that I've found is you have to market without let up. Even when you are busy or you feel you are 'too busy' you must continue to market.





Also you should be considering what your marketing target is. What age group? Sex? etc.





Also look for other avenues of income involving your business - maybe that would be having a nail person available or shampoos etc for sale there and so on. Maybe would you rent out stations to other hairdressers?





I am sure this won't 'appeal' to you but you could also ck out the funeral homes as we have a friend that does hair for the 'dead' and she makes a lot of money. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it but I don't think I could do it.





Also there is a good business in going to nursing homes and retirement homes to cut hair, give perms and sets as I know we pay $60 per month to have my mother-in-laws hair done (2x per month - so she pays 30.00 every 2 weeks.)





Really hope this helps you. You should also look carefully at the political situation at the moment and perhaps post pone opening your shop until you see who wins. I think we are in a recession at the moment and if taxes are raised as one candidate is pushing for - we will be in a depression before long, which might not be the ideal time to begin a new business. We are actually thinking of closing our business if BO wins as with the terrific tax hike that will happen when he rolls back the Bush tax cuts, more gov regulation and oversight of small businesses and also the health care that will become mandatory we don't think we can make any money. Health care just for ourselves and 2 employees now runs 1600 month and with his plan would nearly double for us so we are feeling pretty shakey. Just our opinion.





Good luck!I have some aims for my beauty salon but can somebody help me with objectives. Business Coursework!?
Specify ur area i.e city , country etc. If it`s India than my e-mail id is gagan.icici@rediffmail.com , gagan_hoon@yahoo.com , ph - 9899227499.

No comments:

Post a Comment